Goal: 6 x 800 @ -5K pace ( 6:30ish), 2 min. rest intervals (avg 250m)
Actual: 3:18, 3:12, 3:32, 3:16, 3:22, 3:20
Total: 6 miles
In the wake of Saturday's Hangover 5K, I really wanted to remind myself what 5K pace is supposed to feel like on trails one more time before the 50K this weekend. Setting my watch with no targets at McAlpine, I had to do each split around the pond, the back loop, and the front loops based on how it felt without seeing my actual paces. It did feel great to get the leg turnover and really hit a nice VO2 workout, but I can't say that I reached my max or pushed any threshold for that matter. I finished knowing that I had a lot left in me. I shouldn't risk injury with anymore speed work this week, but I think I'll have to get in another tempo before the latter half of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment