"We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."  - Emil Zatopek

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First Recovery After Hinson Lake

~7M @ Snail Pace

Since yesterday was the first time I was able to walk normally, this morning was the first time I could attempt to run.  I decided to man up and try to muster a few miles with the Dowd crew.  Knowing I hadn't been able to get any movement since I returned from Hinson, I thought it would be a good idea to arrive early in time to warm-up a mile or so on my own time.  I took off down Lexington creeping along in pain knowing that the down-hill wouldn't hurt half as much as the forthcoming uphill.  I made it to Oriole and worked my way back up.  The ten minutes it took to run .8M seemed ridiculous, but by the time we were ready to roll, I felt much looser.

A nice group showed up this morning, all fast people though, so I ignored the pain chatting it up from behind following the Colville Loop.  Run DMC wisely turned back at East and I continued around the booty loop a little too long.  I bowed out as we ventured past Queens.  I was glad to shake the legs out a little, but turning back through Myers Park was not very pleasant.  It hurt, that's all I can say.

No comments: