Goal: 10x400m @ 82-86s; 1:30 rest
w/u - 17:09; c/d - 14:57
Actual: 83, 83, 77, 81, 70, 80, 80, 80, 79, 68
Christi and I headed back over to JCSU for a Tuesday evening speed workout on the track. It was a great way to get my legs spinning one last time before the relay. We met up with Jessica, Fillette, and Siobhan and started out nice and easy. It felt good drafting off John half the time around the track, but on our fifth interval I knew I had to put in some work before the water break.
John was kind enough to let me kick it pretty strong after the first 100. I felt re-energized after the water break, but still wanted John to do all the work for me. Looking back, it was probably a little selfish to spend so much time just drafting off him knowing he was that much faster than me, but at least I was exceptionally consistent the first four intervals after water break. Once again, like every other speed workout, I just had to kick as strong as possible for my final interval. JF let me take off early, but I could feel him breathing down my back for 300 meters. The legs burned a little, but I just knew I could keep it together. The girls were all very strong and consistent as well, but I don't know if I could have executed the workout so well without John being such a great coach-leader.
Getting real speedwork completed in the midst of a three-a-day, I really feel like I will be in good shape for Hinson Lake 24 Hour. Glad to get in work with my teammates, I rushed home with hopes to stretch it out enough for the night run.
No comments:
Post a Comment