"We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."  - Emil Zatopek

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Loop Around Uptown

3.08M @ 24:33

After the painful recovery run I had yesterday, I wasn't sure what I was doing showing up at the Dowd this morning, but I figured any mileage I could get in would have to feel better than yesterday.  Shue and Carolyn planned to preview the Race for the Cure course, so we all took out nice and easy. I caught up Gordon Bynum for a few as Caleb Boyd, Senor Kahn, and El Presidente lead us around Uptown.  Very quickly I knew I was struggling just as much as yesterday, if not more, but I still managed to move faster.  It was a very nice change of scenery strolling through the heart of uptown at this early hour, but as we headed back south down Church, I knew that the group would soon be picking up the pace.  I enjoyed more stories from Salem Lake, but when we hit Morehead I headed straight for the Y.  Today didn't go as expected, yet it went as well as could be expected.  I am ready to go out and pick up some more miles.

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Hi, Nice post. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com